Featured Debate Digest articles
(Difference between revisions)
|Revision as of 00:21, 26 June 2008 (edit)
Brooks Lindsay (Talk | contribs)
← Previous diff
|Revision as of 06:48, 1 July 2008 (edit)
Matthew.graham26 (Talk | contribs)
Next diff →
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
|+||*'''[[Debate:Adoption of Children by Same Sex Couples| Adoption of Children by Same Sex Couples]]''' - Should gay couples be given the same legal rights as heterosexuals in adopting children? - Posted June 15th, 2008.|
|*'''[[Debate:Funding for space exploration| Funding for space exploration]]''' - Should governments prioritize spending on the exploration of space? - Posted June 13th, 2008.||*'''[[Debate:Funding for space exploration| Funding for space exploration]]''' - Should governments prioritize spending on the exploration of space? - Posted June 13th, 2008.|
|*'''[[Debate:Catholic Church’s Contraception policy| Catholic Church’s Contraception policy]]''' - Is the Roman Catholic Church's contraception policy justifiable? - Posted June 12th, 2008.||*'''[[Debate:Catholic Church’s Contraception policy| Catholic Church’s Contraception policy]]''' - Is the Roman Catholic Church's contraception policy justifiable? - Posted June 12th, 2008.|
Revision as of 06:48, 1 July 2008
- Adoption of Children by Same Sex Couples - Should gay couples be given the same legal rights as heterosexuals in adopting children? - Posted June 15th, 2008.
- Funding for space exploration - Should governments prioritize spending on the exploration of space? - Posted June 13th, 2008.
- Catholic Church’s Contraception policy - Is the Roman Catholic Church's contraception policy justifiable? - Posted June 12th, 2008.
- Turkey, EU membership - Should Turkey be given membership in the EU? - Posted June 10th, 2008.
- Banning Human Reproductive Cloning - Should human reproductive cloning be banned and punishments put in place against it? Posted June 8th, 2008.
- Banning Muslim head scarves - Should the wearing of Muslim head scarves be banned in schools, public buildings or society in general? - Posted June 5th, 2008.
- Assassination of a Dictator - Can the assassination of a dictator be justified? Is Israel's policy of "targeted assassinations" justified? - June 3rd, 2008.
- Health care, universal - Is single-payer (government-funded) free universal health care a good idea? - May 30th, 2008.
- Wikipedia, reliability and social utility - Is Wikipedia a reliable and socially beneficial resource? - May 28th, 2008.
- Abortion - Should abortions of any kind be permitted? - May 26th, 2008.
- Vegetarianism - Should humans stop eating animals and become vegetarians? - May 21st, 2008.
- Libertarianism - Is Libertarianism a sound political philosophy?
- Animal testing - Is it morally acceptable to experiment on animals for human purposes? May 12th, 2008.
- Capital Punishment - Is it ever justifiable to execute prisoners? May 2nd, 2008.
- Euthanasia - Should euthanasia or assisted suicide be legalized? - 4/30/08.
- Polygamy - Should polygamous marriages (to more than one person) be legal? - 4/28/08.
- Australian republic vs. monarchy - Should Australia become a republic or continue as a constitutional monarchy? - 4/23/08.
- Tibet independence - Should Tibet seek and gain independence? - 4/21/08
- Withdrawing from Iraq - Should the US Government immediately withdraw troops from Iraq? - 4/12/08
- Kangaroo Culling - Should Australia be culling their native kangaroos? 4/8/08
- Veal - Is the farming and consumption of veal acceptable or should it be banned, changed, and/or avoided? - 4/7/08
- US Second Amendment Does the Second Amendment confer an individual right to bear arms? 4/4/08
- DC handgun ban - Is the DC handgun ban justified or should it be repealed? 4/3/08
- Jyllands-Posten Muhammad cartoons controversy - Was the Danish newspaper Jyllands-Postent justified in publishing cartoons with images of Muhammad in 2005? Is the re-publishing of these and similar images justified? 3/30/08
- Clinton vs. Obama for 2008 US Democratic nomination - Who is the better Democratic candidate - Clinton or Obama? 3/29/08
- Rehabilitation vs Retribution Should the criminal justice system focus more on rehabilitation than retribution? 3/23/08
- Michigan and Florida delegates in 2008 US elections - Should delegates from Florida and Michigan be alloted in the 2008 US elections? 3/20/08
- "Champagne" as only French - Should Champagne, France have the exclusive right to use the name "Champagne" for its wine? 3/15/08
- Multiculturalism vs. assimilation - Is multiculturalism a better social model than assimilation? 3/10/08
- Dollarization - Should countries change their official currency to the U.S. dollar? 3/7/08
- Cuba, Dropping of US Sanctions - Should the United States drop its sanctions on Cuba? 3/6/08
- Free trade and globalization - Is free trade and economic globalization (integration) good for the world? 2/27/08.
- Superdelegates - Is the Superdelegate system justified? 2/25/08.
- Marijuana, Legalization of - Should marijuana be legalized? 2/20/08.
- Prostitution - Should prostitution be legalized? 2/18/08.
- UN Security Council Veto - Should the veto powers of the permanent members of the UN Security Council be abolished? 2/17/08.
- Nuclear Weapons, Abolition of - Should nuclear weapons be abolished? 2/12/08
- Three Gorges Dam - Is China's massive Three Gorges Dam a gain or a loss? 2/08/08
- Primaries in US Elections - Is the 'primary’ selection process for party nominees for the US Presidency sound or should it be abandoned? 2/7/08
- Electoral College (US), Abolition of - Should the US adopt a different method of electing its President? 2/6/08
- Hate Crimes - Should acts of hate be criminalized?? - 2/4/08
- Gun control, assault weapons ban in the United States - Should citizens in the United States be banned from possessing assault weapons? - 2/5/08
- Kosovo Independence - Should Kosovo be independent? - 2/1/08
- Driftnets - Should there be a worldwide ban on the use of driftnets to catch fish, including within each country’s Exclusive Economic Zone? - 1/31/08
- Ecotourism - Is ecotourism good for the environment and world? - 1/30/08
- Guantanamo Bay - Is Guantanamo Bay's existence justified, or should it be closed? - 1/29/08
- Corn ethanol - Is corn ethanol a good energy source? 1/28/08
- Nuclear energy - Is nuclear energy worth exploiting? 1/25/08
- Boycotting the 2008 Olympics in China - Should countries boycott the 2008 Olympics in China due to human rights concerns there? 1/24/08
- Fish farming, banning or severely restricting of - Should fish farming be banned or severely restricted? 1/23/08
- Bush Economic Stimulus Plan - Is President Bush's 2008 economic stimulus plan a good idea? 1/22/08
- 700 mile US Mexico border fence - Is a 700 mile fence on the US-Mexico border justified? 1/19/07
- Same sex marriage - Is same sex marriage wrong and should it be illegal? - 1/18/07
- Waterboarding as torture - Can waterboarding be defined as torture? - 1/16/08
- Electoral College (US), Abolition of - Should the US abolish its electoral college? - 1/13/08
- Catholic Church’s Contraception policy - Should the Roman Catholic Church change its current position of forbidding the use of contraception? - 1/10/08
- Kyoto Protocol - Is the Kyoto Protocol a good international environmental agreement and worth signing? - 1/9/08
- Creationism vs evolution in schools - Should public schools be allowed to teach creationism alongside evolution as part of their science curriculum? - 1/7/08
- Drugs, legalization of - Should governments legalize all drugs? - 1/4/08
- Illegal immigrants and driver's licenses in the US - Should illegal immigrants in the United States be allowed to obtain drivers licenses? - 1/3/08