- "In their hearts is a disease, and Allah increaseth their disease. A painful doom is theirs because they lie." - Qur'an 2:10
- "Or thinkest thou that most of them listen or understand? They are only like cattle; - nay, they are worse astray in Path." - Qur'an 25:44
- "Verily those who believe not, among those who have received the scriptures, and among the idolaters, [shall be cast] into the fire of hell, to remain therein [for ever]. These are the worst of creatures." - Qur'an 98:6
- "Fight those who believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, nor hold that forbidden which hath been forbidden by Allah and His Messenger, nor acknowledge the religion of Truth, (even if they are) of the People of the Book, until they pay the Jizya with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued." - Qur'an 9:29
- "Narrated Abu Huraira: Allah's Apostle said, "The Hour will not be established until you fight with the Jews, and the stone behind which a Jew will be hiding will say. "O Muslim! There is a Jew hiding behind me, so kill him." - Sahih Bukhari 4:52:177, See Also Sahih Bukhari 4:52:176, Sahih Bukhari 4:56:791.
- Islam's definition of Jihad allows for abusive misinterpretations. Islam says Jihad is holy war against an attacking nation. Yet, this can be interpreted by terrorists to mean that self-defense is justified if another nation is waging some kind of covert, economic, or social war on their nation. The West, for instance, is consistently considered to be engaged in hostile economic behavior toward Muslim nations through, for example, its oil contracts with Muslim nations. This is often interpreted by jihadist as a subtle form of war, justifying violence against the West. The problem here is that the Muslim religion sets a specific criteria for waging war that can be easily bent to justify Jihad and Jihadi terrorism.
- Islam is a religion that is very concerned with peace. Back to the first period of Islam in Medina, Prophet Mohammad taught the follower to live in harmony with other people no matter they were jews or christian. This pact, known as medina charter, had made the relationship between the jews, moslem and christian in Medina had gone with very well. Even the Prophet Himself had declared that ANYONE who kill people with other religion beside Islam then that person will be against the Prophet.
- Islam only allows for violence in self-defense. In Islam, the follower is only allowed to engage in violence ONLY if they were in danger caused by other parties. If that so, then they allowed to fight anyone to try to exterminate them like in Palestine.
- The Quran encourages peace not violence Nowhere in Quran it is mentioned that to attain JANNAT or heaven one needs to kill in the name of allah. However it is mentioned that if someone enters your territory driven by undue intentions then you must fight for your religion and your people. This may be true for any other religion as well i.e.to fight for the right cause for your people. This is in no way related to violence. Misinterpretation of this logic has led to misguiding and misleading of various young muslims to the path of terrorism and violence.