Argument: Kosovar Albanians have terrorized ethnic Serbs in Kosovo
- Jeremy Scahill. "Cleansing Serbs in Kosovo". The Nation. June 19th, 2006 - "An internal UN report prepared for Annan and leaked to journalists earlier this year accuses the KPC of 'criminal activities, killings, ill-treatment/torture, illegal policing, abuse of authority, intimidation, breaches of political neutrality and hate speech.'
- Yet Susan Manuel, spokesperson for the UN Mission in Kosovo, says, 'As far as I know, no one’s been [criminally] charged with anything.' This refusal to prosecute those in the KPC who commit atrocities has in effect given the go-ahead to a wider campaign of terror against Serbs and other civilians.
- This campaign, according to the UN High Commissioner for Refugees, has forced more than 200,000 minorities - mostly Serbs - to flee Kosovo since NATO forces rolled in last summer."
- James Bisset. "We Created a Monster". Toronto Star. July 31, 2001 - "despite the bombing the violence has spread -in Kosovo itself, in southern Serbia, and more recently in Macedonia. Media reports have revealed that as early as 1998, the central intelligence agency assisted by the British Special Armed Services were arming and training Kosovo Liberation Army members in Albania to foment armed rebellion in Kosovo. The KLA terrorists were sent back into Kosovo to assassinate Serbian mayors, ambush Serbian policemen and do everything possible to incite murder and chaos. The hope was that with Kosovo in flames NATO could intervene and in so doing, not only overthrow Slobodan Milosevic the Serbian strong man, but more importantly, provide the aging and increasingly irrelevant military organization with a reason for its continued existence.
- After bombing Yugoslavia into submission, NATO then stood by and submissively allowed the KLA to murder, pillage and burn. The KLA was given a free hand to do as they wished. Almost all of the non-Albanian population was ethnically cleansed from Kosovo under the watchful eyes of 40,000 NATO troops. Moreover, in defiance of United Nations resolution 1244 which brought an end to the fighting, NATO adamantly refused to disarm the KLA fighters. Instead, NATO converted this ragtag band of terrorists into the Kosovo Protection Force - allegedly to maintain peace and order in Kosovo."